12 Ekim 2013 Cumartesi

Miss Astro Chinese International 2013 Finalist Showcase @ Paradigm Mall

IMG_3635


Hello guys !

Today I will be sharing about my experience in my first designing competition as a fashion design student. My lecturer picked 5 students from my batch last week and I was really honored to be one of the students to be chosen. I'm not really good in designing nor the best in my class but I'm happy that my lecturer somehow have faith in me LOL , I think.

And so we will be doing a LIVE 10 minutes t-shirt alteration for the Miss Astro Chinese International 2013 finalists on stage @ Paradigm Mall. I was nervous because I'm not much of a competitive person but I did give it a try anyways since I wanted to try something new , a brand new experience for me !



IMG_3602


The theme is " The Goddess in You ".

We are allowed to prepare our designs/materials in advance so I came out with roses, butterflies and feather combination for my design. I spent whole day working on this on Friday , the day before the competition ! When you think bout t-shirt alteration , many would want to cut up the shirt but my goal is to make my girl look and feel beautiful. So my design's main focus is on the neckline , where I made 10 pink roses out of satin ribbon !


IMG_3601


I tried to mix a few shades of pink but in the end I stick with the pale pink.


IMG_3605


Added on pearls , sewn on the roses !


IMG_3606


Pink for me is a very feminine color .  It's so soft and I think any girl would look good in pink. As for the butterflies, it signifies evolution and improvement which I think represents how the finalists went through months of training to become what they are today - such fine ladies , so confident and lovely on stage !


IMG_3607


White = Purity = Goddess.

I know my thinking is very straight forward lol.


IMG_3611


Since we have 10 minutes only , I hot-glued pins on the back of the roses for easy application later on stage.


IMG_3609


Last minute , I learnt how to cut and tie up some simple knots too.

|
|
|
|
|
|



IMG_3625


The competition day !

I would be lying if I said that I'm not nervous. When I'm nervous I would feel like throwing up lol. I spent like 2 hours thinking what to wear at home and in the end I went out with sleeveless top. Which I later went to H&M , purchased a sweater and changed on the spot because I'm super cold lol.

It's my first visit to Paradigm Mall too ! I'm surprised with all the variety of shops they have. Their H & M is pretty amazing plus lots of restaurants to choose from. Had lots of nice food and a movie " KL Gangster 2 " after the competition ends. I'm a super happy girl :D


IMG_3627


Had Tonkatsu Ramen @ Goku Ramen for brunch ! I still prefer Taiko Ramen or Menya Musashi over this. The soup is kinda weird . ( - _____ - || )



IMG_3632


Around 3 pm , I met up with my classmates. This is Jacey !


IMG_3633


This is Jadeline. :)



IMG_3637


When it's my turn to go on stage , I was reallllllllllllllllly nervous but I tried to maintain my cool. I could not imagine the finalist's feelings at this point. They look so confident and beautiful on stage. Their smiles , so heart warming. I admired them for their courage to be able to present themselves so well on stage.

This is finalist no.7 Lisha ! She's even prettier in person and friendly! Though I didn't win the t-shirt design competition , I had my fair share of fun. My best wishes for her in the Miss Astro Finals next month ~ I'll be rooting for her !


IMG_3643


Had some dessert @ Komugi afterwards ! Super love their cakes and bread ~ I had a Honey Bee Roll and Cheese Roll. Both are yummy ~ definitely worth a try :)


IMG_3645

Final look on my design for the MACIP T-Shirt design competition !

I really like the roses and butterflies hehe.

Thanks for reading !


With Love ,

Ying Tze

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder